- Has anyone been able to get qmail working with xinetd?
The Unofficial qmail FAQ ver .93
- Since all of the search engines know about this page, I am leaving it up. Please note
that this information is very, very old, and some of it may not be relevant any longer.
Qmail and Xinetd HOWTO (Unoffical)
- Authors note: after playing around with postfix, I've dumped qmail-the cryptic error messages
were too much to take late at night- and it seems the sun is setting on the continuted
development of qmail.
Precompiled var-qmail packages
- A var-qmail package does not set up qmail to receive and deliver mail. A user has to follow the
instructions in /var/qmail/doc/fastforward/ALIASES and in /var/qmail/doc/INSTALL starting at
Linux Focus: xinetd
- xinetd - eXtended InterNET services daemon - provides a good security
against intrusion and reduces the risks of Denial of Services (DoS) attacks.
Like the well known couple (inetd+tcpd), it enables the configuration of
the access rights for a given machine, but it can do much more. In this
article we will discover its many features.