- The OpenDVD.org site serves as a comprehensive resource for developers looking to implement DVD technology, and for users to take full advantage of all the benefits that DVD's have to offer.
DVD Playing HOWTO
- A (hopefully) easy to follow explanation on how to get DVD movie playback in Linux. v0.1.8 5 June 2000
DVD kernel patches
- 2.2.16 bug fixes if DVD volume problem or if there are errors playing audio CDs.
DVD player program list
- List of programs that play DVDs with short comments.
How to make your own DVDs
- This site will help you to make your own VideoCDs, SVCDs or DVDs that
can be played on your standalone DVD Player from video sources like
DVD, Video, TV, Cam or downloaded movie clips like DivX, MOV, RM, WMV
and ASF. We also have an extensive list of standalone DVD Players with
compatibility information such as CD-R/W, DVD±R/W, VCD, SVCD, MP3 and
- The difference between a DVD player and a
video tape is as dramatic as the difference
between a Vinyl record and a CD . No hiss, 500
lines on DVD player, 225 on a VHS, Crisper
color, no static, . DVD s do not degrade over
time and do not get eaten or jam in the
DVD File Systems: Welcome to UDF
- DVD File Systems: Welcome to UDF
One of the major achievements of DVD is that it has brought all the conceivable uses of CD for data, video, audio, or a mix
of all three, within a single physical file structure called UDF, the Universal Disc Format.