- As Escient has changed the terms of licence for accessing CDDB, some
programmers complained that the new licence includes certain terms that
threatens them in a way they cannot accept: If you want to access CDDB, you
are not allowed to access any other CDDB-like database (this one, for
- Gracenote was founded in 1995 as CDDB by a pair of software
developers and music fans as a fun and easy way to identify and
categorize their CD's. As word of the innovative and useful service
spread, it grew to be a "must-have" application for internet-enabled
music players. From a user base of 2,700 in 1997, today Gracenote
serves nearly 1 million users each day.
CDDB Perl Module [doc]
- CDDB is a high-level interface to databases based on the Compact Disc
Starting in version 1.04, CDDB.pm will contact freedb.org servers by
default. This change is in response to Gracenote's CDDB denying
CDDB.pm connections and failing to answer my e-mail.
CDDB audio CD track info access in Python
- his is actually a set of three modules to access the CDDB online database of audio CD track
titles and information. It includes a C extension module to fetch track lengths under Linux,
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, and Win32, which is easily ported to other operating systems.
cdxm data file format [sample file]
- Database entries must be in the ISO-8859-1 character set (the 8-bit ASCII
extension also known as "Latin alphabet #1" or ISO-Latin-1). Lines must
always be terminated by a newline/linefeed (ctrl-J, or 0Ah) character
or a carriage return character (ctrl-M, or 0Dh) followed by a newline/linefeed